More More More

31 comments
One set of blocks closer to finishing our exchange. Rachel's blocks arrived yesterday. Yayyy.

Rachel's blog is PS I Quilt and it is one of my regular reads. She is very talented and her blocks show it. Again, I love the personality everyone puts into the blocks. I think the cottage on top was my favorite of hers. I really liked the fabric. Thanks Rachel.

I won 2nd place in the Sarah Smith company's prize drawing at the end of the summer. I'm such a fan of Sarah Smith products. They are so high quality and use darling designs. They sent me a huge red and white beach towel with matching hand towel. And a kitchen towel. I love the red and the towels are so thick and lush. The kitchen towel so thirsty and space age feeling.

They also sent me this really big sturdy beach quilt/blanket. The fabric is sort of like a twill and with the also sturdy batting it makes a perfect beach/picnic/camping quilt. Bed quilts are soft and fluffy and this one is well suited to laying out on the grass for lounging outside. The pattern is fun and summery. I can think of lots of uses for it. Thanks Sarah Smith People!

I was looking through my stash for red fabrics for my strawberry quilt (AKA Jacquie's quilt). And I found a long forgotten strawberry fabric with blue in the background. I wanted to pull the blue out of the table cloth blocks somehow so it will work for a cute borderI. I'm thinking of appliqueing strawberries floating here and there in the light areas of the courthouse steps (yeah I know I said courtyard steps yesterday, oops but I think I like courtyard steps better anyway). This is a really fun project and will be a great quilt to display in the summer next year.

Alright for those of you just interested in fabric and quilts you can hop to another blog while I talk about the new kittens that showed up on our doorstep, literally. I woke up Sunday morning to a screaming sort of sound outside the front door. I went downstairs and opened the front door and there were 2 kittens about 8 weeks old looking up at me making such a racket. We live at the end of a cul-de-sak on the horsey side of town and it has not been unusual for people to drop off unwanted pets or even have mother cats deposit kittens at our house. We must have some mark that animals or people use to signify - "this house has kids - will feed any pet - drop off here".

So here is the female cat in Jamie's Phillie's hat (hey we are only 1 or even 1/2 game away from winning the series!!! Cross your fingers.). This tortoiseshell kitten is very cuddly and friendly. Our dog even likes her. She would make a great pet for someone! Anyone??? Please.

Mason made a bed for them or a "fort" as he called it on our front porch with old quilts and what not. This orange kitty is probably a male and not at all friendly. This is as close as we dare get before he jets off. Mason tried to catch him yesterday and it didn't end well. So this one mayb e a challenge pet but with the right person and coaxing - who knows?

We have outside already cats - and plenty of them. Cats lived on our lot before we built our home so over time we've had many strays and we try to take them to be neutered. But seriously as darling as they are, and as soft and cuddly as they are now. They will be big soon. So if you know of a good home and are local - we have kittens to giveaway! Maybe I should have a blog giveaway and have the kittens be the prize! There's an idea for no one to leave a comment. ha Or I could give a quilt away and wrap the kitten inside it. I'm very afraid my younger kids are getting attached. Oh boy. So I've got to do something soon. Help.
Tomorrow - pictures and report on our local quilt group show-and-tell along with Lila Tueller as our guest speaker! Stay tuned. And only 3 days away from Halloween.

- nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

31 comments

Sherri said...

I think the strawberry quilt is going to be gorgeous! It's also fun to see the cottage blocks as you get them...I'm really looking forward to getting my set!

Eileen said...

Oh dear. I do not envy you being a kitty orphanage. This has happened to me many times here in town. I don't hate cats, but we have had our turn taking care of them. I hope you can find them a good home.

Your strawberry fabic is more than darling! I can't believe how they match those blocks exactly!

Nan said...

I am in love with the strawberry quilt - it is going to be darling!
I am in awe of how wonderful all the cottages are - such fun! I've been itching to make some myself!
Those kitties are adorable, and I hope you find homes for them. I am so discouraged that people just dump animals they don't want somewhere for someone else to deal with. Poor little things.

pratima said...

cute cottages.. Loving your strawberry project. Applique with piecing always looks so amazing. It is going to be a beautiful summery quilt.
The kittens are so adorable. It's really sad that they are left for themselves. So sweet of you to take care of them :)

Karen said...

The blocks are looking great and your kittens are adorable. Love the little calico one;)

Unknown said...

Oh dear poor Nanette, I'm looking for a female Kitty, but I don't think it would survive the post. How sad that they were dumped, and sader that it was at your place....Hope you find a soloution soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think the blue fabric would be perfect to set off your strawberry quilt.
I'd take one of those kittens but my hub doesn't like cats :(

Joanna said...

I actually want a kitty - so if you want to take a drive to my place, I'll take one! Oops I suppose I'm not just around the corner....lol! Can't wait to see more of the strawberry quilt and to hear about the meeting!

jacquie said...

that picture brought tears to my eyes (of JOY!). i knew you would make those blocks sing...you are an artist in every sense of the word. i can't wait to see it all.

Nan said...

Oh how fun, all the blocks are unique and adorable! I need to check in on you more often! So much to catch up on!

Will you please go here http://blokthoughtsnmore.blogspot.com/ and vote for me? There is a direct link on my blog... please? I wantta win, and I'm desperate, that's why the begging! Thanks!! LOL

Nedra said...

Cute kittens turn into cats. Kind of like cute babies turn into teenagers! Judi called me last night to tell me all about your fabulous evening with Lila. I'm dieing to see the pictures!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling tortise shell kitten. Sorry, I have a 15 year old cat and he'd be miffed! I love what you're doing with your/Jacquie's strawberry blocks.

Cathi said...

Those kitties are just so adorable! I'd be already attached to them too. I am so glad they've at least got somewhere warm to sleep and are being fed. You've done a wonderful thing -- and I do hope they're adopted soon. If we were close ...

Candace said...

Nanette, those kitties are sooo adorable. Wish I could take one clear out here in WA state. We've tried to get a pal for Sophie several times, but she prefers to be an only child! Love the strawberry fabric - what a great find! Cheers!

Carrie P. said...

Doesn't that make you sad when people drop animals like that. When we first moved to our place we were always getting dogs. Not so many now that there are more houses on our street. They sure are cute kittens. No, I don't want them. My dog would not like them all. She is 12 years old and set in her ways.

Kritta22 said...

If you ship me the kitty, I'll take the brown one. I'm sooo serious. I don't even know how much it costs but I'd take it.
I love your new blocks you got!

Anonymous said...

Your strawberry quilt blocks are wonderful. The finished quilt is going to be so special! And poor little kitties...they are adorable, but yes they grow up so quickly. I hope you can find them loving homes soon! x

Fran said...

Another beautiful cottage. Can't wait to see them all together in a quilt.

Cute kitty and cat. It's amazing how those two things just naturaly go together...cats and quilts.

~~Fran...:c)

Di~ said...

Neat lawn blanket! How lucky you get to see Lila Tueller. She seems like a delightful person! AND I love her fabric, BUT how do you pronounce it? and where can it be purchased? I haven't seen it anywhere...does she live in your area? We had quilt group today also!

em's scrapbag said...

The strawberry quilt is going to be so fresh and summery. It will keep you warm while you sew it this winter.

Joanna said...

Oh those kitties are so cute! We will need a cat when we get into our house, once we build, but right now while we are renting we can't have pets. Sorry! I wish we could though, they are cute!

Betsy said...

Oh I am jealous. I wish I could meet Lila Tueller. Her fabric is on my daughters picnic quilt. I used them on the letters.
The cottages are beautiful and the prizes look wonderful.
Sorry, I do not like cats.

Barbara said...

I love your quilts, but I'm a sucker for kitty pictures. We've had so many animals dropped on our doorstep we're on a first-name basis with Rose and Matt, our animal control officers. It's so easy to get attached ... sigh.

Happy Zombie said...

Adoring all of your goodies... especially the "Smithies"! Can't wait for the show and tell... yours is always the best! I'm so excited... I feel like I'm actually going!

Sherry said...

Those are cute cottage blocks. Your strawberry fabric is yummy! Don't know what advice to give on the orphaned kitties, I'm too far away..hubby would say "thank goodness"! :) Congrats to the Phillies! WooHoo!

Kristin said...

Bright blue and red look so great together, what a fun way to use this fabric. And a good thing to bind this winter to remind you that spring will be around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really fell for the red boy, even if he's shy. Thank god I am too far away: Husband said either he or a new pet (so I do not have to think it over, lol)
Rachels houses are beautiful! I am looking forward to have one of each of the houses!

rachel griffith said...

awww poor wee little kitty.
that's sad.
:O(

i'm glad that my blocks arrived to your place safely.
{and that top one is my fav too. that's the one that i kept for myself!!! lol.}

love the strawberry quilt.
:O)

Ginger Patches said...

I tried the blog give-away thing with our kittens...unsuccessfully might I add lolol!!! Kittens are so irresistible aren't they?
I love your strawberry fabrics!! And the first block is adorable :)

sleigh said...

his comment is hereRecommended Site this pagego to these guys see it hereuseful content

lakyd said...

zeal replica bags reviews replica goyard bags replica zara bags