Spring!

26 comments
Spring is such a great time of year. The days get longer and it seems to pull all of us out of the winter's slumber. Even as a young kid I remember the first day of Spring as being an exciting time of year.
I decided to hang my "Leafy Treetops" quilt in my entryway to celebrate Spring. I really don't have much in my house that is blue but for some reason this quilt looks perfect in my entryway with the yellow/green tone paint. The bluebells/purple bells are real flowers on the table top. My MIL brought them for Shelbie almost 2 weeks ago. They are beautiful. It really makes me smile to come downstairs in the morning and see this happy scene greeting me. I think I mentioned when I was at the Bryce Canyon retreat and showed this quilt during my trunk show, the quilters all broke out in song singing this song. I found the music on You Tube. Isn't everything there? Here is the link to listen to the song. For those of you that don't know this song I thought I would post the words to it because they are so cute. Go click this PDF and see the pictures someone posted with the words.
Not only is it the first day of Spring, it is also St. Patrick's Day. I have zero Irish blood but I think St. Patrick's is for everyone. And who doesn't want luck at the end of the rainbow? This is a file picture from my front porch- no snow on the ground today thankfully. And no fair pinching my blog. I am wearing green today.
Remember a couple months ago I went to Gracie Lou's quilt shop in Salem, Utah? (We have the best quilt shops in Utah.) Anyway, Shasta, the shop owner, sent me a thank-you gift. How SWEET is that! I love the colors and prints of this wonderful Moda fabric.
Thanks so much Shasta. How nice of you to send me such a SWEET gift. I love this! I am such a fan of the jelly roll and charm pack.

Have a green Spring Day.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

26 comments

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Your entry way looks so warm and inviting! happy St patty's day to ya! i am 1/4 irish and need to find some green to wear today.
What a fun surprise to receive, how thoughtful of Shasta.

Millie said...

Your entry way is so nice decorated for Sring with that lovely blue quilt. What a cute Chamrocks quilt you made. I just love your quilts.

Unknown said...

I think I've finally decided on colours for my version of the leaft tree tops quilt. That's an interesting way you have the quilt hun, would you like to share with us all how you did it?

Sherri said...

I just love your Leafy Treetops quilt...and it looks perfect in your entryway! Happy St. Patrick's Day and happy spring!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the quilt in your entry way.

Happy St. Patricks Day to you, too! I'm a little Irish, so I'll be wearing green today. Besides that, I don't want to get pinched!

Have a great day!

Heather said...

I am making a quilt out of that exact line of fabric right now. It's so cute, isn't it?

PamKittyMorning said...

Happy Spring Nanette!!!

Nedra said...

Happy St. Patty's Day Nanette. I look at my Leafy Tree Tops pattern by my machine every day, and look forward to the time when I can start working on it!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Lovely Leafy Tree Tops! The fresh bluebells really sets it off nicely.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Oh those birdies are amazing!! I love them!! I am so gonna have to have one!! :) Thanks for always showing us the good stuff!! :)

Thimbleanna said...

You definitely have the green on today Nanette! Love your new spring look in your entry hall!

Mary said...

I have to say I have always loved that birdie quilt ... but the NAME ... the name is just too perfect. An "inside" understanding for those who do and just a swell name for those who don't.

Carrie P. said...

Happy St. Paddy's day to you. I went to Youtube and listened to the song. Never heard it before but it was cute.

Unknown said...

Your entry looks so happy and welcoming! I am thankful to hear my gutters dripping constantly - our snow is leaving :)

Dawn said...

Spring is definately here!! The flowers look great next to your beautiful quilt!!

Jenny said...

I love the leafy tree tops and I love spring. I also LOVE LOVE That St. Patty's Day quilt and that's pretty good for a Swedish girl!!

Anonymous said...

Your birdie quilt is so perfect for Spring! I also love your shamrock quilt. It's so fun to see all of your seasonal/holiday quilt flags. That's such a great idea that I'd like to tackle one of these days. You're always so inspirational. x

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Love the leafy tree tops in the entry and real flowers make the setting just right!!

Cathi said...

Love the quilt on your porch, snow or no snow in the background! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Eileen said...

I'm not one bit Irish either, but my kids are all half Irish. I still always wear green! Those little leprecauns on the border are terrific.
Your Leafy Treetop Quilt is perfect there in the hallway. Love the bluebells. I still want to make this.. but maybe in a small tote bag version. :-)

And that is a SWEET gift!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nanette-
Happy spring to you and yours!
Did that sound Irish? I hope so:)
I love your leafy tree tops quilt and of course it's one of my fave
primary songs....

Joanna said...

I love your bird quilt! It is so cute!

pratima said...

The quilts are so cheerful and look everybit like spring.
Sweet presents too... Have fun playing with them :)

jacquie said...

that is the most springy, cheery quilt. i should have made that for my mom.

Nan said...

Your leafy treetops quilt looks so inviting hanging there. It makes me smile, too.
I also love the shamrock banner! I am Irish and St. Paddy's Day is one of my favorite days of the year!
You're right - that is a very Sweet gift! I love the name of the shop, too.

Anonymous said...

I love your in the "Leafy Treetops" quilt. Thinking I might buy the pattern soon. So that I can make this for my mother. Who would just love it even more than me.