March 2010 Alpine Quilt Group

23 comments
Tuesday night was our Alpine Gals quilt group. As always it was lots of fun. Flora talked about Quilt Police Myths and other things we tell ourselves that are self defeating for our productivity and creativity in quilt making. It was wonderful.
Show-n-tell is always the best. Our quilters are always super and starting off with a bang was Laurel. Her applique is amazing. Having taken an applique class from her I always admire her work.
This is Janice's quilt with 9 patches from a group exchange. I love the borders.
Isn't this red white and blue quilt wonderful. I love the way the blocks are staged. Perfect.
Flora brought her Turning 20 years Alpine quilt. Love it. I think her 9 in 9 patch blocks set everything off so well.
Here is a good look at the bottom of the quilt. I have GOT to finish mine!
This is a girl gang quilt. It is all so sweet. I love the appliqued blocks and design.
Oops blurred baby quilt. So cute anyway.
This is Karen's applique quilt. It really is fantastic. It turned out lovely.
Bonnie's quilt she made from a class at Bryce.
This is a quilt made by women who took Bonnie's Dear Jane trip with her. It is a trip memory quilt.
A great T-shirt quilt that is a son-in-law gift. Love the bike border.
Helen's going to have another granddaughter and here is a new baby quilt just ready and waiting.
This is Jina's Turning 20 Years Alpine Group quilt. It has such personality. I really love the black. This is why Jina is Jina of Riley Blake!

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments

Lurline said...

Gorgeous quilts, Nanette - kind of love the red, white and blue. Hey, isn't this great - up quite late at night!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pat said...

WOW.....the show and tells from your group get better and better and I don't know how much more incredible they can get!!! I'm enjoying the view, though!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers Annette you are in an amazing group of talent...loved all of them! My eye was really drawn to the last one...love that border print and quilt! I'm so glad you shared!

beth said...

wow! thanks for the great quilt show! what a treat! You're surrounded by talent!!

Elizabeth said...

I always love when you show your quilt group quilts! I especially love that Dresden plate.

Jeanette said...

*Sigh* wish I lived in Alpine!

I love all the quilts, but that first applique is my fave. I really REALLY want to learn to applique!

Brandie said...

What great show and tells!

Jan said...

Gorgeous quilts Nanette! So much so, it's very hard to choose a favorite. Tks so much for sharing and I love your gifts below! May you continue to know the many blessings that come from friendships!

Nedra said...

I always love seing the latest show and tell from That Alpine Group, Love Jina's in black.

Janet said...

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite, they are all wonderful, what talent! Thanks for sharing.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

I love seeing your show and tell. I can just hear Helen understating that gorgeous quilt. Fun!

Maggey and Jim said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! That's all I can say.. What a wonderful group of artist..
Maggey

Julia said...

Gorgeous quilts, Nanette, hard to pick which one I love the best..
Lots of great talent there!
Julia ♥

pratima said...

Beautiful quilts! both of the turning 20 quilts are very cute and so variant from each other.
Thank you, Nanette for sharing these gorgeous quilts :)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That first quilt is gorgeous! it reminded me how much I want to do an applique album type quilt. I must start working on one!! Let's see ... when can I fit that in my schedule....ah, yes, 2012 should be a good year to start. LOL! Soooo many lovely quilts! What a talented group you are in!!

Thimbleanna said...

As always Nanette, thanks for sharing all the talent in your group! I LOVE that first applique quilt!

Ginger Patches said...

Beautiful quilts from your group as always!!

Jandi said...

I'm so sad I missed the meeting! Thanks for sharing!

Rae Ann said...

Thanks for always sharing the Alpine quilts with us. I am going to have to stop over scheduling and come to it. I sure loved all of the beautiful quilts this time!

Rae Ann said...

Thanks for always sharing the Alpine quilts with us. I am going to have to stop over scheduling and come to it. I sure loved all of the beautiful quilts this time!

hetty said...

Great show and tell! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie P. said...

Wow, I am glad I scrolled down to see all these fabulous quilts.

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough thanks for sharing the show-n-tell with us! I love that about blogland ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie