Fabric Friday - The Blues

14 comments
Stop the presses.  I have to interrupt creating London 2012 to make a couple baby quilts.  I'm slightly derailed with this so I may not make progress on London this weekend but I hope I have 2 baby quilts when Monday rolls around.
I really need to make more scrap quilts, or rather more stash quilts.  So when I decided to make a couple baby quilts I decided to use what I had on hand.  What a novel idea!  I love half square triangles and I really love simple quilts for babies so I decided just to cut 4.5" squares and keep it basic.
Since these are boy quilts I want to exclude florals.  And so I expanded my blue palate to include aqua and green/blue through navy.  I know some quilters shy away from incorporating so many shades in one quilt.  Not me.
My opinion is that if it is going to be a scrap/stash, then I want to use lots of different fabrics.  My half square triangle blocks are ready to stitch into rows.  I'm really going to try to get these put together AND quilted this weekend.  

Can't talk, gotta sew.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

•stephanie• said...

i agree.
the scrappier, the better.
just keep sewing!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You are a woman after my own heart! Can't wait to see how these finish. Have fun!

Darlene said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the results. Lots of yummy fabrics.

Michele said...

Can't wait to see your scrappy quilts. They look good already.

Lynn said...

Sometimes scrappy simple quilts are the funniest ever to make!

Quilty Conscience said...

I'm with you! Incorporate as many shades as you can. It makes a much more interesting quilt! Can hardly wait to see the finished product! Toni

Nedra said...

I want to do the same thing!

Barbara said...

Good luck! These are going to be great. (I hope you're not stopping to read your comments. Sew! Sew!)

trish said...

Oo I hope you show us your completions. I love seeing you Friday Fabrics so posted a couple too. :0) Have a nice weekend. Trish xo

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! Good Luck Nanette -- can't wait to see the finished quilts!

Anonymous said...

You can never go wrong with scraps! They are going to be adorable...good luck with your quilting marathon! xo, Nan

PatSloan said...

Beautiful pile of blue.. and I need to do some stash quilts too... the stash is BIG!

Lori Holt said...

Nanette!!...you always amaze me.
You're quilts are always so wonderful really:)
I love all of the blues together and then that border just finishes them off perfectly.
You really got a lot accomplished!

Di~ said...

Love it, half square triangles, I'll have to do that for the next baby quilt I make. Same with me, I wanted it scrappy with different colors, but no flowers, I managed it, except one square had a slight flower flourish design.:)