More London Blocks

15 comments
I really can't stop making blocks for my London quilt.  I keep wanting to add more and the inspiration keeps coming.  I hoped to have my London flimsy done by the time the Olympics concluded so I probably need to stop.  Soon.
This is the kettle block from my Kettles in the Kitchen quilt.  I still think I might add some gold or yellow rick rack to this block.
I subscribe to Bustle and Sew Magazine.  It is a PDF magazine from where I've gotten several ideas for this project and others.  I felt my London quilt was incomplete without a corgi and a throne.  It turned out a little "wonky" but what crown would be straight on a dog? 

I still have a couple blocks rolling around in my head.  I will put more rows together before I decide if I need something more.

-nanette

PS For those of you asking if this is going to be a pattern, the answer is no.  I've used ideas from other sources and this is such a timely project that I'm not going to make a pattern.  Thanks for asking!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Nanette! I was thinking about you last night while (whilst LOL) looking through a London book. Do you have a tube station sign in your quilt?

Carrie P. said...

really cute blocks.

Lynn said...

Adorable corgi block!!

AnnieO said...

I've enjoyed seeing what your brain has thought up for your London Quilt. What a lot of fun! The corgi is cute. Maybe you need a parachuting queen :)

Bowbailey said...

I think you'll need to add a James Bond block, so you'll never forget the Queen jumping out of a helicopter. Just a thought, as I can tell you have a great sense of humir

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Awwww, the Corgi is perfect, wonky crown and all!

Sherri said...

Nanette...I love all of your posts...every one...but these London quilt ones have been so much fun this summer!

Unknown said...

I have been watching Os also so can understand your wanting to keep adding more and more blocks.
There is so much history and pomp that you may never end the blocks.
Good stuff

dream quilt create said...

Your corgi is soooo cute!!! Especially a corgi on a throne, with a crown! I hope that you can share your quilt in another venue, like a quilting magazine, the state fair, a quilt show, others need to see your darling quilt :)

pratima said...

Cute blocks, Nanette! Your corgie is adorable! That is right, a crown can never be straight on him :)

Jennifer said...

This is going to be such a cute quilt!

Jennifer :)

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Just wonderful! Perfect blocks for that quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

more beautiful blocks! That corgi is too cute, love it's little crown! This is going to be fabulous and I agree a memory of a particular time, how precious!

Nedra said...

The queen's dog is a perfect addition! Love it!

Unknown said...

I really can't stop making blocks for my London quilt. I keep wanting to add more and the inspiration keeps coming. I hoped to have my London flimsy done by the time the Olympics concluded so I probably need to stop. Soon. rent in london