Polly's Mug Rugs

7 comments
Earlier this year 2 of my sisters and 2 nieces got together with me to work on Vintage Holiday by Thimble Blossoms.  I posted about our visit and sewing here.  
My sister Polly has been busy making her blocks into mug rugs.  She sent me her blocks ready to quilt.
When I had a few spare moments I would work on machine quilting the blocks into little rugs.  
Then I stitched left over bindings to the blocks.
Polly's blocks/mug rugs turned out really darling.  They will make great gifts for her friends at Christmas.
I'm planning on a short visit south to visit my sister again soon.  I am excited to return the blocks all ready for her to hand stitch the down binding.  Think what a great gift they will be with a mug and some hot chocolate mix.  I wish I had a head start on my own Christmas gifts!

-nanette

PS I swiped my Bloglovin list of unread blogs clean.  I am starting from scratch.  Maybe next week I can actually visit a few blogs.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments

Mary said...

These are adorable! What a cute idea for Christmas gifts.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Aww they are just darling!

I have to admit, I love the snowmen! I collect snowmen so every time I see one I always fall in love with them. Isn't that funny!

These are going to make wonderful gifts for all your Sister's friends....how sweet of you to machine quilt them for her.

Blessing to you always sweet friend.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh those are so cute what a great idea. I remember once you told me you had over 500 unread posts in your reader, it might be time to check things out!!

Lynn said...

These are so cute! I really like the last ones with the snowmen in the center. The fabrics look vintage and go with the pattern well. You get the nice sister award for doing the quilting.

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Nanette -- will you finish my blocks for me? What a sweetheart you are to finish those blocks -- I'm sure you don't have enough of your own stuff to finish LOL. They're super cute!

donna said...

What great Christmas gifts. I have not been doing any Christmas sewing at all. It will all catch up to me at once I'm sure. lol
Hugs
donna

pratima said...

These cute mug rugs are getting me into Christmas spirit already! Beautiful prints!