The Queen

11 comments
My London 2013 really is coming along too slowly to suit me but I have to accept the pace I'm at these days.  Slow and steady goes with my daily life.
I don't often work with fusible applique and I mostly I hand stitch my applique blocks but this crown would be excruciating to hand applique I think.  I'm really not good with the invisible polyester thread but it is a big improvement from the old stiff nylon thread I used years ago for machine applique.  This Superior brand thread worked pretty well but my tension was too tight.  Don't look closely.  Please.  However, I think the queen looks mostly pretty grand.  The PKM blue gingham is perfect for her majesty.  

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments

Pat said...

It looks very nice to me. I can understand not wanting to needle-turn applique that crown!!!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think she looks perfect!

I am so looking forward to seeing your London quilt....you are so very talented my dear friend.

Blessings always

Nedra said...

The gingham with polka dots is perfect! and Monopoly by Superior Threads is the best in my opinion.

AnnieO said...

Totally regal! Elizabeth never looked better--glad you didn't put one of those awful hats on her :)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nonsense! You know as soon as you told me not to look - I would. Your stitches look perfect to me, and the block is just wonderful. You go Girl!

Thimbleanna said...

She's beautiful and she looks perfect from here!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Hail to the queen. She looks great!

Lynn said...

Your Queen is lovely! And that fabric is perfect. Seeing this quilt come together is very thrilling. I had a bad polyester thread experience years and have been wary of trying it again, maybe I should.

Messy Karen said...

nice.

donna said...

Your queen block looks great to me. Oh by invisiable thread can be a bad word. lol It gives me fits.
Hope you are having a great week my dear.
Hugs
donna

jan said...

Oh your Queen looks very regal!
xo jan@sewandsowfarm